Sunday, January 31, 2010

J.D.Sallinger

I met "Jerry" back in the early "50". There was a restaurant in town where all the teenagers used to meet for cokes (the drink) and Jerry used to be in there a lot. I had many visits with him and was a little smitten as we all were. lol.
I had a dream and I told him about it and he told me that if I ever had another like it to look him up and he would tell me something.
Well I didn't have another dream like it until years later and by then I was married and just never got around to calling him. I'm not even sure by then if he was even taking calls. Anyway, I'll never know what he would have told me. I have thought about for years.

I'm so glad I knew him when he was younger . He was great as I remember. Its hard to believe the things that I have read about him as he got older. Doesn't even sound like the man I knew. I guess we all change. I'm glad of my good memories.


Rest in peace, Jerry!

No comments:

Post a Comment